Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Metatarsalgia

Last few months, I was continously bugged by injuries

I had shin splint, backache, knee pain, plantar fasciatis, etc.

I wasn't running that much as compare to last year when I trained

at much higher weekly mileage and didn't had a single bout of injury.

I seriously think that my prone to injury lately is due to my recent

gaining of extra 10lbs plus of weight.

Now, oddly enough, I had something called Metatarsalgia.

Symptoms
========
pain in the ball of your foot — the part of the sole just behind your toes.

The pain may be sharp, aching or burning.

You may feel it in the area around the second, third and fourth toes

or only near your big toe ( I only felt is around the fourth toe).

Other symptoms of metatarsalgia may include:

--Pain that gets worse when you stand, walk or run and improves when you rest

--Sharp or shooting pain in your toes

--Numbness or tingling in your toes

--Pain that worsens when you flex your feet


The treatment was simple, rest and icing, which I think did help, but still

not quite cure yet.

BTW, I realized that my mill running shoe is way way overdued, I really need a

new pair, which I am waiting for the Brooks Addiciton 8.


Crank on.

No comments:

 
website-hit-counters.com
search engine optimization services