Thursday, July 24, 2008

Get Well Soon

During a three hour flight, someone sat behind me was

constantly coughing, each time she did, I could

smell the smell of the phlegm (even when I covered my

nose with the collar of my shirt). I knew that I would

catch a bug real soon...


The next day, my throat srarted to feel itchy,

and I immediately put myself on a course of antibiotic

as well as cooked myself some flu chinese medicine.

My wife used to question whether it is wise to put

on the antibiotic so early and so lightly

(she thought that one should take the antibiotic

only when the presense of full symptoms, like fever,

cough, phlegm and a sore throat that felt

extremely painful during swallowing, etc.)

Somehow, she always think that I was overreacting...



Turn out that the decision was wise.

I was down for two days.

On the third day, I was back to training, and on the fourth

day, I was able to do a quality run.



Someone said that consistency in training is the most important factor in

the pursuit of excellence in endurance sport
, I couldn't agree more.

It is our "duty" to keep ourselves in healthy and uninjured state so that

training could be undertaken.


So, the next time you are sick or injureed, take the short cut to get well soon.

No comments:

 
website-hit-counters.com
search engine optimization services