Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ADIDAS KOTR RACE REPORT

Just about a week ago, I had a very satisfied

execution of the Hartamas run, I had a total

disaster in the AKOTR race.

I totally misjudged the pacing. The fact that

I had no idea of the route and profile of the course

is not a totally acceptable excuse (who won't run

a race course for the first time), I should have

developed a better sense of pacing according to

perceived effort, HR, terrain, etc.


I looked at the Polar data, 80.5% in MHI, no wonder

I was dying in the race.


But looking at the bright side, good race bad race,

we all should try to get something out of it and learn

a lesson or two.

Well, this is the take home leaasons:

(1)It is really important to "PACE THE FIRST HALF".
It will really destroy the second half if this is
violated.

PACE THE FIRST HALF, PACE THE FIRST HALF, ...

I should ingrain this into my mind the next time I race.

(2)Long Run and Tempo run is the most relevant of marathon/half marathon
training. I checked and confirmed this on Jack Daniel's book.

Long steady state running of close to LT prepare for the marathon
far better than the rest.

I really like this mantra of my own

"TRAIN HARD, RACE EASY"

(3)Develop a better sense of pacing adjusting to weather conditions,
terrain, perceived effort, body condition, etc.

Every race/run is different, RUN SMART THEN RACE HARD

(4)Somehow, I always have a very wet shoe after 10/15K. It got so wet
that I could hear "zick zack" sound every step I run. I think I
really need to nail this down.



(5)I had a small incident during the run that I got a bit over reacted.
I apologize to that guy who pushed me and spilled drink at my pant
but also took some words from me.

Next time, I will ingrain this into my mind:

"Marathon training is stressful enough.
Start avoiding conflict and
Stop creating any.

save the energy for the training and racing".


Crank on.

No comments:

 
website-hit-counters.com
search engine optimization services