Thursday, November 27, 2008

Discipline

I really have difficulties holding myself back after going through

the intense Phase III of the marathon training program and

officially entering into the tapering phase. Fitness peaked

and the body begs for some more pounding...


After the longest long run on Sunday, the planned rest day was not so

successful.

I had two consequitive "fast" run days instead of the "rest".

Everyday I woke up, I decided and reminded myself that "today is my

rest day, no runnning today". But, somehow, my legs dragged

me to the lake track where the "running buddies" hang around.

And I know who to blame for the "fast run". Well, not exactly...



Some people said in distance running, the three important factors for success
are discipline, determination, and opportunity.

The discipline is placed first not without reason.


In this case, discipline not only means dragging

oneself out of the door for a fix of adrenaline rush,

but also holding oneself back and

not going for a run when a rest is very much needed and planned.



One common mistake in training is that:


The easy day is too hard while the Hard day is too easy.

So, discipline s about doing the right thing.


Let the easy day be easy and realy whip your butt on the hard day.


Crank on.

No comments:

 
website-hit-counters.com
search engine optimization services