Thursday, October 9, 2008

Every Run's a Blessing

Did a tempo run on the mill yesterday. It has been a long
long time (seem centuries) ago that I was able to do any
quality run, ever since I picked up the hip injury.

The tempo wasn't really up to the pre-injured standard,
and there are still sore here and there.

Phychologically, I was so worry that I'll aggravate the injury
or picking up another.

Then, I thought,I really need to focus on the positive things,
like how much better I have improved and felt.

Just not long ago, I could only see and envy people running,
while I couldn't even afford to do the stationary biking.

With that mind shift, imagine how lucky I was able
to run, again.

Never mind about how fast or how long that I can run now, the very fact that
I was able run again is great enough for celebration.

Suddenly, I feel free and alive again. Not long ago, when other life stressors
pop in, the usual dose of antistress--runnning is unavailable. And I was really
sinking ...

Now, I realize how much fixation I have on running. Not only that
I run for a time goal for a goal race, but more importantly,
running defines me.

I run to feel better.
I run because I like it.
I run to stay in shape.
I run to loose weight.
I run to prefect myself.

I run ...

I RUN BECAUSE I CAN!!!

We might have thousands reasons why we run, but we always forget that we only
run when we could. If you got an injury that was severe enough like I did, you
know exactly what I mean.

Unfortunately, while I was picking my way up on the rehabilation, my wife
had another bout of ITB syndrome outbreak.
I understand completely the frustration and apprehension she felt as
SIM08 is closing.
But I couldn't do anything to help except putting her on NSAID, ice, and NO RUNNING.
I know, NO RUNNING SUCKS, but what to do, we have to do the RUGHT thing.
(By the way, I drop the PBIM08, there just isn't enough time for me to
prepare for a marathon that close).


THEN, WOULDN't YOU AGREE THAT EVERY RUN IS A BLESSING.

crank on.

No comments:

 
website-hit-counters.com
search engine optimization services